How to Install iOS IPA Apps with AltStore on iPhone/iPad/iPod
Altstore is an app available for iOS that has been created for helping iOS users no matter the software they use, to install IPA files on their iOS devices.
There are many iOS users who still find it difficult to download and install IPA files for their devices. No worry about that anymore because Altstore will just help you come through that.
Below are the full steps on how to install Altstore one your iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod) devices. But before heading to the procedure, first check our that you have the below requirements set.
- Windows or macOS computer
- iOS device running on iOS 12.2 and above
- IPA files of the apps which you wish to install (IPA Library). If you wish to download IPA files, then Click here.
How to Install AltStore?
We have covered the complete process to install Altstore on both your Windows or MacOS.
1. Download the latest version of iTunes from Apple's website (do not download it from Microsoft Store)
2. Download the latest version of iCloud from Apple's website (do not download it from Microsoft Store)
3. Download the latest AltStore for Windows.
4. Extract the content of the zip file using any zip extractor such as WinRAR or Winzip, double-click the "setup.exe" file to begin the installation, then follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Now connect your iPhone to your computer. Unlock your iOS device, and if prompted, choose to trust the device.
6. Open iTunes and enable iTunes Wi-Fi sync for your iPhone. Read this guide to find out how you can do it.
7. Now click the AltStore icon in the System Tray, click Install AltStore, then choose your iOS device.
8. Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
9. Within a few seconds, AltStore will be installed on your iPhone. Once installed, go to Settings > General > Profiles (or Profiles & Device Management), tap on the profile labelled with your Apple ID, then press the Trust button.
10. Now head to the next section to find out how to install apps with AltStore below still in this article.
1. Download and install AltStore on macOS
2. Launch AltStore. It will appear as an icon in the menu bar.
3. Click on the AltStore icon in the menu bar and select Install Mail Plug-in. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
4. Once the installation is complete, restart the Mail app. Next, you have to enable the Mail plugin. To do so, click on Mail in the menu bar, then select Preferences.
5. Click Manage Plug-ins...
6. Enable the plugin named AltPlugin.mailbundle, then click Apply and Restart Mail
7. Now connect your iPhone to your computer. Unlock your iOS device, and if prompted, choose to trust the device.
8. If you're on macOS Mojave, open iTunes and enable iTunes Wi-Fi sync for your iPhone.
9. If you're on macOS Catalina, go to your iPhone's summary page in iTunes and enable Show this iPhone when on Wi-Fi. If you're not sure how to do this, then Click here to read the guide
10. Now click the AltStore icon in the menu bar, click Install AltStore, then choose your iOS device.
11. Enter your Apple ID and password when prompted.
12. Within a few seconds, AltStore will be installed on your iPhone. Once installed, go to Settings > General > Profiles (or Profiles & Device Management), tap on the profile labelled with your Apple ID, then press the Trust button.
13. Now head to the next section to find out how to install apps with AltStore.
How to install iOS IPA Apps with Altstore
After you must have read and applied the above steps, then you are good to go with the guide for the installation of iOS IPA apps using Altstore given below;
1. Head to our IPA Library to download the .ipa file of an app onto your iOS device. You can skip this step if you already have an IPA file that you wish to install.
2. Once the IPA file is downloaded, open the AltStore app on your device and go to the My Apps tab.
3. Press the + icon in the top left corner. A list of your downloaded IPA files will be displayed. Tap on the IPA file which you downloaded earlier.
4. If you're using AltStore for the first time, you'll be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password to begin installation.
5. AltStore begins installing the app. It takes a few minutes to complete the installation.
6. Once the app is installed, it will appear in the My Apps tab and you can open it from there or from the Home screen.
Note: Apps last for 7 days and you can easily resign them from your device by going to My Apps in AltStore, then tap the "X days" button next to the app.